What is Peerfly?
Peerfly bills itself as a one-of-a-kind affiliate network. They have built their platform from scratch unlike many other networks and they specialize in CPA offers.
Peerfly has been around for quite a while. Since 2009 in fact, and in that time they have built a good reputation with online marketers.
They have over 75,000 active affiliates promoting offers through their system. Currently, they have 2,805 offers available to those members.
This network places its focus on cost per action (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_per_action) over the more common percentage of any sales model. The action part in cost per action, could be a number of different things including;
- Filling out a form
- Signing up to a newsletter
- Making a sale
- Downloading an ebook
- Providing an email address
The CPA model can be good for advertisers as it should be less of a risk since they only pay for results. Things can go wrong for advertisers using CPA if the quality of the traffic is low. If the leads generated and paid for, don’t end up converting to sales in high enough numbers advertisers can lose money.
The team behind the network, though small, always seem friendly and efficient. Maybe it’s Luke’s smiling face which helps with this perception. Luke Kling is the affiliate manager and your point of contact if you have any issues. His face is featured on the dashboard so you get to know it well.
- The CPA offers available through the network are more likely to convert since they aren’t sales. Depending on the offer, it could only take a few clicks to earn your commission.
- They offer better payouts thanks to being a small affiliate network. This means that they have fewer overheads and staff costs, which means they can take less commission from your earnings. They even guarantee that they pay more than any other network, matching or paying more if you find better.
- People are allowed to join from all over the world. They say that they have members in 165 out of 195 countries.
- Free training is provided to help new affiliates. They have created some tools and training to help you do better on their network.
- There are a lot of different advertisers, meaning you should be able to find something to suit your traffic.
What are the Disadvantages?
- The account verification can be quite difficult (see below).
- There have been some complaints of slow support in the past. It doesn’t seem to be an ongoing issue though.
- Though there are many different ways to earn on the site, the restrictions on the types of traffic can be a problem. It can also be frustrating to find an advertiser which has just the offer you were looking for, only to find it isn’t available for the country where most of your visitors come from.
How do You Get Paid?
The affiliate network offers a good number of payment options, these include;
- Bank transfer
- Check (US only)
- Amazon gift card (US only)
- ACH (US only)
They provide a payments schedule of net 30, net 15, net 7 or weekly. You can request payment even sooner if you need it, with 1, 3, or 7-day options. They will charge a percentage of your earnings, of from 5 to 25%, however.
Peerfly’s Range of Offers
While the 2,805 offers provided by Peerfly might sound impressive, they aren’t all available to everyone. Some of the more lucrative offers aren’t available unless you have a history of supplying good quality leads or you are approved to run the offer.
The reason for this is because some CPA offers have attracted low-quality traffic in the past. Online marketers have seen the easily converting offers and sent a lot of not very well targeted people to it. This will have had a very positive effect on their earnings but the same can’t be said for the advertiser.
To protect their clients Peerfly has had to put some rules in place in some cases. Most of the offers have requirements restricting the methods used to send traffic to the offer.
Are They Really Legit or Just a Scam?
With some 75,000 members and a decade of being in business, it certainly seems to be a legit affiliate network. Scam operations aren’t normally able to operate for anywhere near as long as that.
It isn’t too hard to find reviews online about this company (http://www.affpaying.com/peerfly). People, on the whole, seem exceptionally happy with the service provided by the network. They have an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 from over 400 customers, which clearly suggests a very reliable business.
How to Sign Up and Login
A few things are required before your account is verified and you can start earning through the site.
- Fill out the form. Your application to join the network will start as you might imagine with a form. Click the Dashboard button on the homepage then hit Apply to get to the application form. It contains all the normal requirements, name, address, email, date of birth, tax information if you are in the US, etc.
- Your marketing strategy. They need to know how you intend to get leads and earn commission for their advertisers. They ask this because they want to make sure the advertisers are protected from low-quality leads. If you don’t have a plan for how you are going to get leads there is no point in applying until you do. They need to know as many details as possible, give examples of previous campaigns if you have them.
- Verifying your ID. They need to check you are who you say you are with a government photo ID card or passport. You will need to upload pictures or use your webcam to confirm these details are correct.
- Phone verification. There is a phone verification system where you have to enter a code to confirm. You may also be required to speak to a representative of the company on the phone as well. They will ask you some questions like what other networks you have joined and what sort of advertisers you are looking to work with.
When you have completed all of these stages there is a wait of up to three days for them to process and check your information. Once you have your approval, just login, find the advertiser that suits your traffic and start earning.